Cultivating strong partnerships between local Indigenous organisations, government and corporate Australia is fundamental to our model.
The Scope of your work will cover;
- Building community consensus and commitment within Redfern and La Perouse Communities.
- Increase understanding and engagement of Empowered Communities with the local Indigenous communities of inner Sydney.
- Communications: inform and present news stories in easily accessible formats that aid communication, learning and decision making across organisations and within the community. Liaising with our marketing partners to assist in promotions across the region.
- Assist with the delivery of the regional survey
- Provide updates to the team and the ISEC Board on our growing engagement.
- Research and source information that supports the project streams
- Provide engagement reports
- Facilitate workshops and meetings
- A knowledge of Australian Indigenous cultures and a commitment to their social, economic, and cultural development.
- Understanding of, and ability to follow the Empowered Communities objectives. Quickly acquire understanding of complex policy concepts and distil key messages from complex concepts.
- Demonstrated high level and extensive experience working with all levels in Indigenous communities and with senior Indigenous leaders.
- Ability to contribute to the development of our communication streams.
- Demonstrated experience in driving stakeholder and community engagement on complex issues.
- Ability to facilitate open and challenging discussions with a wide range of people from community government and corporate backgrounds.
- Ability to manage multiple work areas.
Desirable skills and experience
- Indigenous community engagement experience
- Facilitation and workshop coordination experience
- Relevant degree / qualifications or equivalent experience in community engagement communications/marketing or project management.
How to Apply
Applications close: 2 October 2017
Expressions of Interest must include a Short Cover Letter, CV/Resume
Applications should be emailed to: email@example.com